Good Neighbor Support Services is continually looking for enthusiastic and qualified individuals to be caregivers for non-medical, in-home care.
We need caregivers in Phoenix and Tucson.
We are contracted with the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and provide services under the Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS), and the Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DES/DDD). The caregiving we provide is to assist individuals with activities of daily living, which includes dressing, bathing, cooking, cleaning, walking (ambulation), and toileting. These are activities most of us do throughout our lives without help.
We only hire the highest quality employees to be caregivers (Direct Care Workers), and training is done to a level that exceeds the state caregiving guidelines.
Good Neighbor offers competitive wages and flexible work hours.
• Must have a valid Arizona Driver’s License.
• Most applicants are required to pass a national background check.
• Must provide a current negative TB Skin test or chest x-ray result.
• Must provide information on current and past employers.
• Must provide 2 non-family reference letters. (If you have never worked before you must provide 3 non-family reference letters).
• Must attend 1-5 days of training.
• Must obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
• Must provide a copy of your MVD report for the last 39 months.
• Must provide proof of full coverage automotive insurance.
• Must provide a copy of current vehicle registration.
Caregiving Training – Direct Care Worker Program
The Direct Care Worker (DCW) Initiative by the State of Arizona asserts that all caregivers employed by caregiver agencies must be DCW compliant by October 1, 2012. Please visit the state’s website for detailed information on DCW rules and regulations: http://www.azahcccs.gov/commercial/dcw/
All caregivers hired by agencies in Arizona that provide Attendant Care, Personal Care, Homemaker Services and Respite Services are required to successfully complete the DCW training program, which takes from 1-5 days. Time in training is dependent on the needs of the client and whether or not the client is a family member.
To apply for a career as a caregiver with Good Neighbor, fill out the form on this page or call 623-932-4878, and one of our Supervisors will be happy to discuss caregiving and register you for the next training class. Thank you for choosing Good Neighbor!